I’ve been nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! And I couldn’t be more ecstatic. Thank you, The Do-Gooder Mama for finding my blog worthy of this nomination!
This isn’t one of the de jure rules for accepting this award, but as I do it, I’m compelled to first share with you the story behind my blog.
I had a very rough and messy breakup a year ago. We had been dating for over three years, and I was convinced that he was as Disney would put it, my Prince Charming. This was also one of those dealings in life where you lose ten marbles in one shot; all my friends chose to side him. Imaginably, I was lonely, wounded, scared, vulnerable, and traumatized beyond what words can describe. I needed to survive this, and there were times when survival instincts escaped me. I had lost all hope, and I was desperately seeking happiness all through it. I was blinded, but even otherwise, I knew there was no bright side to this. And hence, on January 9th 2013, I decided to stop looking for a bright side, and polish the dull side instead. I was to record one thing that made me smile every day; a challenge that would hopefully give me some brief purpose. It’s been extremely hard updating this blog when I’ve been depressed, but therein lay its real challenge.
This blog healed me.
I’m quite patched up now, so I could’ve discontinued blogging. But along my healing journey, I had found broken hearts everywhere. And I knew exactly what it felt like to be in their shoes. Hence, I decided to keep this blog, and keep updating it, lest it lend a hand to some stranger in need. I wanted to help every possible person I could through this. Amazingly, making other people happy makes you twice happier. And thus, this blog became more than a way to find happiness for just myself.
I believe every person deserves all the happiness in the world, and this was my small way of sharing it. Every time one of you left a message saying my blog made your day, I felt a little closer to achieving that. It’s funny how the people you always trusted desert you in times of need, and complete strangers can help you find your way. I’m eternally indebted to every one of you for subscribing, complimenting, liking, reblogging, and supporting my blog. Unknowingly, you have made me feel worthwhile, and helped me more than you can possibly imagine.
It’s been a massive year, bringing with it lots of good and bad changes in the way I go about my life. But I’ve survived it, and I’ve more than just survived; I’ve lived and learnt through it. There’s now again a happy person inside me, who’s simmering just beneath the surface of existentialism and incessant soul-searching. I’m still a work in repair, but I’m certainly a better person since where I left off, and I’m certainly growing.
On that note, I’m exceedingly honored and humbled to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger award. But to tell you the truth, every lovely gesture from you has inspired me more than I can ever inspire you. Thank you, the WordPress family.
Now, for the rules for accepting The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I will take my time with number 3 and 4, because as I’ve said, I’ve been inspired by each of you and picking only 15 will be an incredibly uphill task.
This brings me to the 7 interesting things about myself-
- I love reading, travelling, fashion, eating good food, and drinking good coffee.
- I have self-diagnosed OCD. I obsess over everything from untidy drawers to killing apps on my phone before locking it.
- I’m a geek at heart, and love my current academic course on Computer science engineering.
- My single biggest (and sadly, unachievable due to living in the Real World and not Avatar) dream is to put an end to all forms of animal abuse, including meat, animal testing, circuses, fur and the like.
- I grew up with a mentally challenged uncle (the one person in the world I’d take a bullet for), and it has shaped a large part of who I am. Fittingly, my more practical dream in life is to build a happy home for the mentally challenged.
- I love kids, and even though I’m just 19, I want to have lovely kids of my own one day.
- I think Hugh Jackman should walk around shirtless. All the time.
Watch this space for the 15 upcoming nominations. 🙂
My 15 nominations are out. You can view them here in this post.